Baccalaureate in Music for Piano Performance, Peabody Conservatory of the John’s Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
20 Years Teaching Experience
Several Years Experience playing and conducting for various churches
- Church Pianist
- Church Choir Accompanist
- Church Choir Director
Several Years Experience playing for weddings and performing at other special events
Active Member of the following organizations:
- National Guild of Piano Teachers,
- Maryland State Music Teachers Association, and
- Greater Columbia Music Teachers Association
Being a member of these organizations opens several opportunities for you:
- The National Guild of Piano Teachers allows me to enter my students into the National Piano Playing Auditions each spring. Based on the level of repertoire each student is playing – Elementary A-F, Intermediate A-F, Preparatory A-D, or Advanced A-D – I will plan curriculum for the year, and help each pupil prepare several pieces and technical studies. Each individual will then perform for a judge in the spring, who will independently assess the progress and quality of each pupil’s playing, against the established criteria.
- The Maryland State Music Teachers Association allows me to enter my students into state competitions for all ages and levels. The Spring Festival of competitions for both piano solos and ensembles is just one of many competitions open to my students. MSMTA also offers Theory Testing and Keyboard Musicianship Programs where each student may be tested for his knowledge at various levels once a year.
- The Greater Columbia Music Teachers Association offers local networking and other exciting performance opportunities for both teachers and students.